Strong as steel
The DISCUS OpenRaft™—an aluminum deck with the benefits of steel, plus the advantages of aluminum.
Complies with API H 6.2.2b “Metallic open-top bulk-headed internal floating cover with peripheral and distributed compartments for buoyancy, usually made of steel.”
- Stronger than any other aluminum floating roof
- Designed to be suspended
- Engineered to eliminate drains
- Supports and connections designed for 12.5psf
- Inherent corrosion resistance, especially to H2S and non-potable test waters
DISCUS Aluminum structural components have a yield strength of 35 ksi—compared to 36 ksi for A-36 steel.
- Panel frame: proprietary extrusion (35ksi yield)
- Panel skin: 1/16″ (0.063″) thick, marine grade (31ksi yield)
- Top splice: 3/16″ thick with (16) 1/2″ SS bolts
- Bottom splice (main): custom extrusion with (6) 3/8″ SS bolts
- Bottom splice (cross): 3/16″ thick flat bar with (6) 3/8″ SS bolts